Tuesday 17 February 2009

SCS Scrapbook Sketch Challenge #176

Like the cardmaking, sometimes a sketch just helps those creative juices kick off. I'm trying to scrap some of our older photos, and these sketches are perfect for putting pages together.

I have to say, gosh, it is nostoligic looking through our older photos, and quite sad - time goes by so fast, it doesn't seem so long ago that our boys were little, that was such a big time of our lives that has just disappeared *sniff sniff*
This was the annual Kids Christmas Party that my work used to put on, so many of these kids still have parents that work there (I still work there!), and they're all grown up/teenagers now :) It's also funny looking at the date on the photo, 19 November 1999 - exactly two years before our surprise no.5 baby was born, its funny to think there we were with our four kids with no idea that two years later on that day we'd have another one!
Anyway, onto the actual scrapbooking - I've used Dashing DSP and based all the colours from the paper (makes easy scrapbooking!). I've used the Big Deal Alphabet and added glitter to the top of it. Then used the star punch to punch out the stars for the "SHOW" (and cuttlebugged those letters), and then glittered the smaller stamped out stars for a bit of bling in the middle. Josh who is being the Magician's Assistant tells me that all he remembers is the rope - nothing else! LOL


1 comment:

Louise F NZ said...

Very cool layout, Dashing is one of my fav papers.