Saturday 7 February 2009

Kwernerdesign Colour Inspiration #40

Ahhhhhh what a nice afternoon I had yesterday, very productive! This was the first card I made (and I actually made two of it), using Kristina's colour challenge. I asked Rhiannon to pick a stamp set out for me (sometimes, it's just all too hard to think of colours AND what stamp set to use!), and I was really pleased when she picked out Friendly Flowers, I love this set and just haven't used it enough - partly I think because it is such a big image. But, something else I've wanted to do is make a couple of cards to fit in the envelopes I've got left over from the Carousel Notes I've used for other creations ... so, perfect!

I hunted through my scraps of DSP and found a couple to match, and admit I also cut into a couple of whole pieces just for those small strips, well, just because the colour was right and I had to ;) I white embossed the first image of the flower onto Olive Green, and also the More Mustard last one. The middle one I have stamped Taken with Teal onto white and cut out. I think the rest is self-explanatory. I quite like the finished result - quite different, but a lot of fun to put together!


I also made Birthday cards for my niece and her partner, they are having a combined 25th birthday party today, so I needed a couple of cards for that - but while I was in such a productive mood, I also made doubles of those so I have a couple to put away for future birthdays. Check back over the next few days and I'll have those cards up, I love this being able to set entries to show up later! Tomorrow I have the NZSU Challenge Card ready to appear, and I'll set up the other two birthday cards to show after that ... it makes me look like I'm actually keeping up to date with my blog for a change!

I need to go make some yummy chocolate eclairs to take with me later ... have to make double, the rest of family don't want to drive all the way to Wanganui (and secretly, I'm quite pleased, I don't mind going on my own) to my niece's party, so I will leave them with some eclairs to sweeten them up, and take a batch with me :)


7 comments:

Tru said...

This is a very cool card - I love the layout and that stamp set is perfect!

Fiona said...

this is a very pretty card. Well done.

Winter said...

I really like your card, very pretty!

Savitri said...

This is really pretty! Love it!

Heather M said...

Very pretty! I love your flower, the layout and the way you used the colors. :) Great Job.

Brenda said...

this card is really pretty! Great job!

Sylvia said...

This is a really nice card, quite elegant!