Tuesday 9 September 2008

Three for One Tuesday

Ahhhh ... brilliant idea, I have some occasionally! I'm loving all the sketches around ... keep thinking I should do more of them, it helps those creative juices to flow a bit. BUT, I'm busy, things crop up, all the excuses in the world to say that I never keep up with sticking to doing one a week as they come out. That combined with all the excuses for not keeping my blog up to date, comes to the conclusion that I need structure :)



So ... here comes the idea, Three for One Tuesday - I'm challenging myself to use one stamp set to do three sketches every Monday. Monday is a quiet day for me, we have gym and soccer after school but they're more like evening times, than "after school" times. I don't rush off to work in the evening ... its one of the few afternoons I have to just "create".




Three sketches I love are the Kwernerdesign colour challenge, the Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenge and the Splitcoaststampers colour challenge, so those are the three I plan to use.




This week I used my "dying to use, but haven't had time, hasn't been inked yet" Always set from the Spring Catalogue ... and here are the results!








I found putting the turquoise blue into this really hard! I think it came out okay :) I used the Popping Pastels method, one that has never been a favourite of mine - but with the heart, it is perfect, just made for it really!

Stamp Sets: Always
Card Stock: Turquoise Blue, Old Olive, Rose Red, Regal Rose and Wisper White
Inks: Old Olive, Versamark
Extras: Silver Hodge Podge, Snail, Rose Red DP, Dimensional Dots, corner punch

Splitcoast Stampers SC191




Love this one, I picked out the Certain Celery DP because I had it sitting on my desk waiting to be used, then picked the Ballet Blue from my pile of A5 leftovers, just because I liked the look of them together - no technical method at all! Used Popping Pastels again for the heart and added the Not Quite Navy just to make it pop, along with the matching ribbon.

Stamp Sets: Always
Card Stock: Ballet Blue, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White
Inks: Not Quite Navy, Ballet Blue and Versamark
Extras: Snail, Dimensional Dots, Pastels, Certain Celery Ribbon, Certain Celery DP


Splitcoast Stampers Colour Challenge - Monochromatic



Okay, I have to admit, I read the latest colour challenge, monochromatic, and thought maybe I should cheat and use the week before - but no, I'm going to do this right - its all about challenge, right? As it turns out, I really like the way this turned out! I have stamped the bird into versamark and then into the Basic Grey and then clear embossed it to make it stand out more.

Stamp Sets: Always
Card Stock: Basic Grey, Going Grey
Inks: Versamark, Basic Grey
Extras: Snail, Dimensional Dots, sponges

So there you have it, tune in next week to see if I manage two weeks in a row!!

No comments: