Monday 29 September 2008

A bit late ...

A bit late - but here is my regular Tuesday update, on a Monday, nearly a week late! To say I had a busy week last week would be a slight understatement, any week that I don't have time to do any creating at all is a bad week for me :)

I finally had time to sit down on Saturday afternoon, and this week, picked out my Pick a Petal set - this is the set I fell in love with when the 2008/2009 Ideas Catalogue came out in April - I used it for a while, but its been sitting collecting dust for the last few months so I figured it was time to revive it.
I started backwards this week so I wasn't rushing the SCS Colour Challenge as I usually am. I obviously was rushing though, because I picked out the wrong week's colours (that's what happens when you're a week behind!). I'll have to do last weeks colours, this week. But that's okay.

(Vanilla, Old Olive and Baja Breeze (I substituted this with Tempting Turquoise)).


Card Stock: Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise, Very Vanilla
Ink: Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise

Extras: DSP Old Olive, Very Vanilla Wide Grosgrain Ribbon, Snail, Dimensional Dots

Next up - SplitCoastStampers Sketch Challenge 194

I have no idea what I was doing when I cut the card for this, but I cut it the wrong size - duh! So the sketch isn't quite the same as it should be - its shorter and squatter ;) I stuck with the Old Olive Designer Paper as I already had it out - checked out my faithful colour wheel and picked out the Elegant Eggplant to go with it.






Cardstock: Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive

Ink: Elegant Eggplant

Extras: Old Olive DSP, Elegant Eggplant Grosgrain Ribbon, Snail.




and lastly, the KwernerDesign Colour Inspiration No. 23





I had to finish this up yesterday - and it was a very quick one! I'd been enjoying the sunshine up in Levin while watching our 12yo play soccer - left David at home digging out a new vege garden with the girls helping him, I reckon I got the better deal ;) Anyway, I knew it was going to be difficult to fit so many colours onto one card, with such large images! So I used the rock and roll method to use a couple of colours on the petals and the middle of the flower ... and used the Old Olive DSP, again!


Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Bravo Burgundy, Very Vanilla
Inks: So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Bravo Burgundy
Extras: Old Olive DSP, Old Olive Wide Grosgrain Ribbon, Snail

Now, if you're lucky I'll have the usual Tuesday post after some creating this afternoon! It's school holidays which for me = more time, not nearly the usual running around!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Just love when you do these challenges, you are so inspiring. I like the cards. GOOD JOB

Anonymous said...

Great way to use the pick a petal stamp set! Great cards!